Re: gnome: libraries other than GTK+

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 06:30:20PM -0600, Mark Galassi wrote:
> In principle yes, but you would have to port all of the GNOME
> libraries to fresco so as to get the consistent dialogs and other
> stuff.

I guess I'm wondering, would it be possible to separate the
GTK-specific stuff from the Gnome libraries, to make it easier
to build the Gnome libraries with any (supported) toolkit?  Or
is that a ridiculous idea?  I love GTK, I think its API is
super.  But there are advantages to accomodating more than one
toolkit.  If there are big disadvantages (extra code complexity,
efficiency problems), then it might not be worth it.  Or, it
might not even be possible.  But if it's possible, it would be
another great reason to go with Gnome over <whatever else someone
might dream up>.

Tim