Re: GNOME 0.27 is released

The gnome-core-0.2[78] tarballs which were released do not work correctly.
The panel will simply crash if you try to run an applet, and I see no
point in releasing it in that state.

There is a patch which needs to be applied to the gnome-core package before
it will run properly. I am waiting on the maintainer of the gnome-core
CVS module to released a corrected tarball before I release an RPM.

Since the 0.2x series are simply test releases as we move the CVS modules
to having permanent maintainers, I don't see this as a critical issue.
We don't want the general public trying out the 0.2x series because there
is no QA in them at all.

Dr Mike
msf@redhat.com