Re: GNOME 0.27 is released

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> GNOME 0.27, the sequel to the ill-fated Drooling Macaque release, has
> just been released.

[snip]

>         We expect to have glibc RPMs sometime soon.  Other people are
>         welcome to send us binaries/packages in other formats (contact
>         webmaster@gnome.org for that).

i keep hearing and seeing this on www.gnome.org, slashdot, freshmeat,
etc. and several requests for rpm's on this list at every release, but i
still don't see any gnome-core rpm. this is the most important package
for an end-user in gnome, yet it's the one that's taking the longest to
produce. what's up?

debian users, go get your .debs and enjoy. stampede users, there are
gnome-core rpm's for you too. i, like many gnome users, have redhat and
am staring at my windowmaker dock forlornly since i can't have the new
version of the panel, without the gnome-core rpm, nor can i use the old
panel, having upgraded gnome-libs and deleted mico in favor of orbit,
and i can't even compile the source tarball since the configure script
keeps choking on little pieces of an ancient gtk+-compile left over from
ages ago that i can't seem to find. (nor do i want to compile, since rpm
-Uvh usually takes care of all the ugliness of those ancient compiles
without breaking dependencies, etc.)

please, won't somebody make a gnome-core rpm?
safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin