Imlib requires shared memory extension for compile

I'm sure this serves me right for compiling on a new platform... The
system I'm using (DG/UX) has no shared memory X extension libraries or
clients.  Since this is an X extension rather than a core X feature,
and since the machine has no X display of its own in any case, I'm not
all that surprised.  However, it does mean that my CVS version of
imlib's not compiling.  It looks for <X11/extensions/XShm.h> (not
there) and removing this doesn't help as its uses are liberally
scattered throughout the source code.

Since I know imlib will work without using shared memory I know it
should theoretically be possible to get it to work when the extension
is not available.  Has anyone else done this?

--
Ian.