Re: [Summary] Meta-data/filesystem-encapsulation

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:50:26 -0400 (EDT), ccurtis@ee.fit.edu
<ChristopherCurtis> wrote:

>Perhaps the solution is a GNOME-{fs,ea} daemon?  Setup a GNOME daemon that
>can be queried for ea data (like xfs for instance).  It can then interface
>to a filesystem (raw or db) or even to a SQL or ODBC server.

I don't suppose anyone cares about performance any more.

-- Elliot
Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from smart
people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart
terminals.  -- obs@burnout.demon.co.uk