Re: panel error *** ORBit patch ***

> 	  A computer system that doesn't reliably support IPv4 communications and
> 	  the associated host naming/address translation methods (gethostby*
> 	  routines).

Those are two different problems:

	- A working IPv4 stack.
	- Proper DNS setup.

Laptop users and people on network with bad sysadmins or with a lot of
paperwork (my university for example) might not have a working DNS
setup while their ip communications are just fine.

So, your premise is wrong.

> The best solution left is:
> 	  To avoid using IPv4 altogether, and use a method that doesn't
> 	  depend on networking (UNIX sockets).

So is the conclussion :-)

Miguel.