Re: An answer to metadata, complete.

Ok, hitme.
Give me a way to keep track of how documents are:
	printed,
	shown on the screen(icons),
	set to be open by a app,
	you get the picture...

AND!!! (big and here),
Do so in such a way that,
	A: Any user can add such setting to any file he/she wish's,
	    and not mess up any other user's setting's on sed file.
	B: Any user/program can, without worrying about weather or not
	    the program was linked with a special library, move these files
	    around without any of the setting(for as many user as have
	    setting's set upon the file) being lost.
	C: Setting may be set upon any file open to viewing from the vfs,
	    includeing file's within archives(zip,tar,rar,etc...), or remote
	    sites(ftp basicly).

You up to it? Mine is the only way I've seen that meet these critera, and
I was one of the few that actually paid attention to the thread while it was
here.

REMEMBER, apps must be able to modify the file(s), includeing
moveing, name changeing, and anything else, WITHOUT being linked
to the library controling the access to the metadata, or modifyed from
it's current state in any way, while still keeping track of all users
metadata that may or may not be atached to the file.

There are, as far as I can tell, only 2 ways to do this, my way, and mac's
way. (eg, make a new file system, and have it support all of the above,
only problem being, it only works for linux, as other OS's will be unlikly
to adopt it as standard... actually I dout even we(the linux community),
would accept such a change)

Good luck, if you can find a simpler/faster way, I'm all for it, but only if
it can do the above. My way is so simple as to only require one library,
one ENV setting, and a central database thats quite light weight + one
extra database per user that uses the system. For what it's doing, and
doing it invisably at that, it's rather simple.