Re: Startup...

>> I simply start gnome-session and my window manager.  The docs says
>> that this is how it is supposed to work in the end, and it works
>> for me.  And you get session management as a bonus.

Yes, this is the right thing to do.

Hendrik> Yes, that's the way I start GNOME, too.

Hendrik> Nevertheless this does seen to run a "*-properties --init"
Hendrik> and sometimes gmc does not come back (a half-a-week-old
Hendrik> CVS-version of GNOME).

As I recall, gmc is not session aware.  That would be why it doesn't
come back.

If you can reproduce the problem with the property dialogs, I'd be
interested in getting more details.  It could be a bug in the property
programs, or a bug in the session manager.  Either way it ought to be
fixed, not worked around.

Tom