Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 09:18:33PM -0700, Miles Egan wrote:

> > > GNOME is not about being boring.  Sorry to disappoint you.
>
> I'm glad GNOME isn't going to be boring, but I don't find "Baboon"
> particularly *exciting* and I'm not looking forward to saying it as
> often as I say OLE now.  It actually sounds a bit self-deprecating.
> GOLEM even makes more sense - just as GNUS move in HURDS, it seems more
> natural to pair a GNOME and a GOLEM than a GNOME and a Baboon.
>
> I suppose this all seems too trivial to debate, but I think names are
> actually very important.

the more important issue that miguel now needs to get over is his
obsession with monkeys ...

maybe we should be moving to other animals ... such as goats ... goats
are very lovely animals ... they smell pretty bad ... but oh well ...
baboons probably smell worse ...

the next gnome release is likely to be named the "central australian
mountain goat" for all you know ...

goats are the supperior animals .... not like those stupid monkeys ...
I mean wtf ... naming a software after some drooling freak of nature ...
why can't we all just come to the understanding that primates are just a
mistake in the evolutionary chain ... why can't we see that the future
belongs to goats ... I mean ...

(voice muffled by a large man in a white coat ...)

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: