Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

> On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 11:35:21AM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>
> > > Guys, seriously.  How are we ever going to get commercial support with
> > > cartoon names like these?  Do you *really* expect Linux to lose its
> >
> > GNOME is not about being boring.  Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm glad GNOME isn't going to be boring, but I don't find "Baboon"
particularly *exciting* and I'm not looking forward to saying it as
often as I say OLE now.  It actually sounds a bit self-deprecating.
GOLEM even makes more sense - just as GNUS move in HURDS, it seems more
natural to pair a GNOME and a GOLEM than a GNOME and a Baboon.

I suppose this all seems too trivial to debate, but I think names are
actually very important.

Miles