Re: libxml?

On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 11:58:19AM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > I've seen a few references to a 'libxml.a'?  What is this?  I'm assuming
> > that it's a XML parsing lib... but library names aren't always the best
> > indicator of content.
>
> strange, as only one application uses libxml now and it is only being
> used by a handful of people.
>
> It is called gnome-xml library, it is on our cvs server.
>
> Miguel.

I saw a reference to it both in the .m4 macros I found in gnome-standalone
and in reference to a mozilla port (I think).  It sounded like it might
be something I could use for a project I am doing.  I was hoping that it
was not gnome specific as the project itself has no such dependence (gnome,
kde, etc).  Daniel and your posts have assured me of that!

I'll be mentioning this project (Shaman) sometime later (when it's not so
much vapor-ware as it is now) as some gnome developers might find it handy.
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org