Re: panel error

Mikal Mikal writes:
 > this is strange, i compiled orbit and gnome-libs and gnome-core without
 > problems, but when i run the panel i get:
 >
 > # ./panel
 > message: Initializing CORBA for panel
 >

 > ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
 >

 > it worked fine at home, but i get this error in two machines at work.
 > any idea about what's the problem?

I get a similar thing, except it's when I try to start an applet; I get:

message: Initializing CORBA for panel

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

** Warning **: Forcefully removing connection ID 0x815dcb0 from polling list.

This has been going on for about a week, and I haven't found anything
obvious. I just upgraded my Slackware box to 3.5, and I didn't take
any old libs or anything with me. Clean gnome install w/ORBit from
fresh cvs's this morning.

Any obvious reasons? Can I make applets coredump when this happens so
I can post a backtrace? Or is there a simpler way?

Torben