Re: strange behaviour during compiling gnome-lib-0.26

Jens Muehlenhoff <elrond@uni-paderborn.de> writes:
> two strange things happen during compiling:
>
> 1)  the linker doese't find the
>     variable program_name which is defined in support/error.c
	      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     like this:
>
>    #if HAVE_PROGRAM_INVOCATION_NAME || _LIBC
>      /* In the GNU C library, there is a predefined variable for this.  */
>      # define program_name program_invocation_name
>      # include <errno.h>
>    #else
>      /* The calling program should define program_name and set it to the
>         name of the executing program.  */
>      extern char *program_name;
>    #endif

Did you apply any patch to this.  The problem was that `gnome-libs-0.25'
had omitted gnomesupport-fake.h, and there were a couple of patches on
this mailinglist that commented out the reference to it.
`gnome-libs-0.26' should have fixed that.

> 2) There are for every subdirectory in gnome-lib-0.26 which lib uses the
>    some functions from the support-lib such error-message:
>
>    Undefined                       first referenced
>     symbol                             in file
>    snprintf                            ../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so
>    vsnprintf                           ../support/.libs/libgnomesupport.so
>    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>    .libs/ted_demo
>
>    if I run the make a second time the error-message disappears.
>    (at home on linux this error doesn't eappear, there I use
>     gnome-lib-0.25, with some liiitel bugfixes)

Wierd.  Can you send me the config.log file.

- Hari