Re: libxml?

What does the xml lib do? Does it only parse xml or does it actually display
xml for you?
If it doesn't display it, then how does it have dependencies with Gnome? Could
it be
abstracted to work with any program and not just Gnome? (Also, I really doubt
libxml only displays xml because to my understanding xml, unlike html, isn't
used just for display purposes but is more general to allow you to store
information that isn't necessarily
meant for visual interaction)

Chris