Problems with gnome terminal.

Hi,

I'm a terminal junkie. I have upto 10 rvxt's open. They use alot of
memory. That is why I really like the MDI of the gnome terminal. Here
are some hints/bugs:

It would be nice that if you tried to open another copy of the terminal,
it used the MDI interface/cobra/whatever to make a new window if
terminal was already open.

Also, highlighting text doesn't work well. If I highlight a line that
has nothing it in other than a CRLF (ie... blank! not even spaces) it
fsck's up. It stays highlighted, even if I put more characters on that
line, and so forth. the only way to correct this is to scroll the
screen...

I like to have my bash shells login shells so they get put into wtmp and
so /etc/profile gets read. How can this be done? And why not have it a
preference (in the dialog)?

Otherwise its pretty snappy-fast. I like that. Plus opening one more
terminal only uses like 100k or it is 1000k? more of memory. I like
that.

Finally a MDI terminal program... if these bugs get fixed, I'll dump
rxvt permanently in favour of gnome-terminal. It runs bx perfectly in
it... and with my awsome 'vga2' hacked font I can even get 'dos high
characters' in it... coolness!

Regards,
-ryan

(ps: who would i address this to anyways??)

--
Ryan Rawson
System Administrator