Re: CVS

Quoting Redaelli Paolo (redaelli@inc.it):
> Il 23-Apr-98, nuke@bayside.net ha scritto:
> >> To be honest I am learning gtk.  I have been kicking around writing a gtk
> >front end to CVS.  Seemed like a nice starter app.  It would just do anon
> Does CVS have a feature that permits to know how much of a project have
> everyone written?
> I mean: is it possible with Cvs to know that Petro has written 12,5% while
> Richard has written 44,34% ?
> And again, does Cvs store who made a particular pacth or revision on a source?
> And in the case of co-working on the same source, does Cvs permit to know how
> much is done by  everyone?

code is not something you produce .. so it's impossible to count ... you
could count up the number of line changes from the diffs, but I doubt it
would give you any idea of how much a person actually contributed ...

while the code for panel has around 10k lines ... I think I've already
written quite a lot more then that ... but most of it went down the
tubes ... (if it works, break it and rewrite the whole lot ... my motto
...  though I don't plan on doing any rewrites anymore ... at least not
before v1 of gnome ... then somebody will probably come by and write a
far better panel :)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: