Re: Icons of program

raster@redhat.com writes:

> ->  It just struck me a few minutes ago that what I have been advocating is
> ->  really a Corba Service.  It's an interface available for use by any
> ->  application.
>
> corba isnt going anywhere.. e have a half-function c++ onyl bindigns
> orb.. it's missing lots of important stuff.. we can talk abotu corba
> all we want.. but we can't USE it til we have an orb that WORKS and
> WORKS WELL.

It's good to admit that we don't have an ORB that works well.  We can
still code stuff in an object-oriented manner (and chuck it in a
library), so we can turn it into a CORBA object implementation when we
do get a good ORB.

The only thing CORBA buys you vs. a shared library is the ability for
your method to be called from more languages without having to hack
individual bindings.

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature