Re: C++

> > In addition to gtk-- and WxWindows, there is V, a LGPLed C++ GUI library, that
> > is being ported to gtk.   Also GNU is aiming to support the "free Qt" (Harmony)
> > project, which in turn may be associated with the Offix toolkit (also LGPLed),
>
>    ^ I know, I'm one of the people involved in Harmony (I chose the name
> ;) The question is not if GNU supports it but if Gnome does (it's not a
> gtk wrapper and may or may not be an Offix wrapper). I've yet to hear an
> authoritative answer as to whether a Harmony app using Gnome libraries is
> equal to a gtk app using Gnome libraries.

it's not equal .... let's use fuzzy logic ...

Qt/KDE app        = .2-.3 gnome app
Qt/GNOME app
(uses some
gnomelibs, could
be harmony)       = .8 gnome app
gtk only app .... = .4-.5 gnome app
GTK/GNOME app     = 1 gnome app

it will not equal gnome apps ... and probably wouldn't make it into
the official core gnome distro, but it could be considered a gnome
app ... it will not have the exact same L&F and will not have certain
features of gtk/gnome apps, but it will cooperate well and basically
act like a gnome app ... I don't think users would mind too much ...

(don't take the above numbers too seriously :)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: