Re: C++

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Andy Tai wrote:

> >   It's not so much a case of 'not supported' as hostile comments about
> > C++. There is a C++ binding of gtk - gtk-- - which is pretty good. But I
> > seem to remember wxWindows (a cross-platform C++ widget set which had a
> > gtk version) got a fair bit of flak.
> >
> > 	Jo
>
> In addition to gtk-- and WxWindows, there is V, a LGPLed C++ GUI library, that
> is being ported to gtk.   Also GNU is aiming to support the "free Qt" (Harmony)
> project, which in turn may be associated with the Offix toolkit (also LGPLed),

   ^ I know, I'm one of the people involved in Harmony (I chose the name
;) The question is not if GNU supports it but if Gnome does (it's not a
gtk wrapper and may or may not be an Offix wrapper). I've yet to hear an
authoritative answer as to whether a Harmony app using Gnome libraries is
equal to a gtk app using Gnome libraries.

	Jo