Re: An ORB for GNOME?

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:
> TAO is sadly C++ based as well.  We want an ORB that supports C
> bindings as well.
>
> If we do not do this, we end up coding bridges from C++ to C.

Is a C ORB being done for Gnome? I would be very interested in helping
to develop this.

(More accurately, I would be very interested in helping to develop a
small, fast ORB core in C to be used to build ORBs for a variety of
languages, including the CORBA C language bindings).

I have read musings in connection with Gnome about developing an ORB
(using Flick), but could never work out whether this was proposing
something for development, or discussing something in the early stages
of development. Could someone give me pointers for current information
about this? Has anyone started work?

Thanks,
Dave Wragg