A bunch of bug reports

Hi. I fetched the 980421 rpms from Redhat and I finally got the panel
to start. A great day indeed :-)

During my browsing through the apps I noticed a few bugs that were not
mentioned on the web page "what need to be fixed". Here they come:

gcalc:

On startup it says:
Unable to open /usr/share/gnome/help/gcalc/C/topic.dat
** WARNING **: file gdkdraw.c: line 312 (gdk_draw_pixmap): "src != NULL"

Whenever I press a button, it says:
** WARNING **: file gdkdraw.c: line 312 (gdk_draw_pixmap): "src != NULL"

The number-window is all black.

gtcd:

Upon first startup it says:

Can't open '/home/hch/.tcd/'
TCD will now attempt to create /home/hch/.tcd/ to store it's files.
Succesful.
Warning, can't open new format '/home/hch/.tcd/00000000', trying old.
opening.../home/hch/.tcd/0.tcd
Warning, can't open '/home/hch/.tcd/0.tcd'

Then it says in the window: Can't read disc (in green) and the message
window keeps saying "scanning".

I close gtcd

I set chmod a+r on my /dev/cdrom and restart gtcd, it says:

Warning, can't open new format '/home/hch/.tcd/0c113a11', trying old.
opening.../home/hch/.tcd/159612924.tcd
Warning, can't open '/home/hch/.tcd/159612924.tcd'

Then in green: "Stopped, normal". The thing about the read-flag on the
cdrom device was not too obvious and should perhaps be noted to the
user. When I press play, it starts to play but there is no sound but I
think that is my own fault somewhere...

panel:

Placement of applets doesn't seem to be saved when restarted.

A few notes too:

I haven't been able to swallow a window yet, I'm wondering what name I
should enter, the title name of the window, the Class.res_name or the
Class.res_class?

Is there a way to get the window manager to not size windows so they
end up below the panel? (running ctwm) (another window manager might
work for this?)

Can the panel hold icons?

Should I have read docs on the panel? Where are they?

Adding a background xpm for the area not taken up by applets would be
really cool.

How do you set properties for an applet?

cromagnon:

Starting this outputs:

no crontab for hch
** WARNING **: Creating pixmap from xpm with NULL window and colormap
** WARNING **: file gtkpixmap.c: line 84 (gtk_pixmap_new): "val != NULL"
** WARNING **: Creating pixmap from xpm with NULL window and colormap
** WARNING **: file gtkpixmap.c: line 84 (gtk_pixmap_new): "val != NULL"
** WARNING **: Creating pixmap from xpm with NULL window and colormap
** WARNING **: file gtkpixmap.c: line 84 (gtk_pixmap_new): "val != NULL"
** WARNING **: Creating pixmap from xpm with NULL window and colormap
** WARNING **: file gtkpixmap.c: line 84 (gtk_pixmap_new): "val != NULL"

rpm for gnome-utils needs libgmp.so.2. Where is this?
cdplayer_applet:
Black windows and no response unless you set chmod o+r on the cdrom
device. Perhaps the user should be warned about this?

That's all for now. I'll be back :-)

			-- Henrik