Re: Tutorial on GNOME session manager support

Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> writes:
> I think lack of API documentation is a major problem for Gnome.  When
> programming I seem to spend a lot of time digging through the source,
> trying to figure out how things work.

You are not alone :-).

> Are we really wedded to the idea of extracting documentation from the
> source?

I'm certainly not.  Having simple reference-type documentation
embedded in the source is nice, but that method doesn't work
so well for tutorial-type docs, which I think are necessary.

What would be nice though, is some decision/finalization of the
DocBook stuff (simple things like topic.dat generation, filename
conventions (eg the help browser expects index.html) and build
procedure).

-Marc