Re: [freeqt] Re: opening Gnome to multiple (windowing) systems

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Another axis on the compliance scale (it is suddenly a plane, and not
> a line...) is how well the tool integrates into our CORBA backplane.
> E.g., an Emacs with CORBA hooks is still useful on the Gnome desktop,
> and can said to be compliant in one sense, even though its GUI is
> completely wrong.

I wouldn't go there.  GNOME is as much about a unified GUI as anything
else.  It would be bad if people download something massive ( like xemcs
)
and then were unable to use it because the GUI is "all wrong".  Better
leave out any such certification to avoid confusing the newbi.

--
Through the the Firewall, out the ruter, down the T1, bounced from
satellite.  ... Nothing but net.