RE: gedit 3.2

On 11-Apr-98 a dream once broken wrote:
> I just downloaded gEdit 0.3.2, and it looks very nice - it is *fast*, which
> is
> a huge plus (especially at launch), and I really like the tabbed interface. A
Thanx
> few questions:
>
> it would be nice to be able to drag a tab out of the main window and have it
> become it's own full-size window.
Urgh, not really possible at the moment, maybe later.

> i love how gtk lets you assign key-bindings on the fly. are these saved on
> exit for applications that support it? if so, it'd be great to see that
> supported.
Key-bindings on the fly? hmm, didn't know you could, do u mean like the Control
keys on the text box? they're built into the widget itself

> also, i see there's a "Syntax Highlighting" menu item - this would be
> *awesome*, especially if it could be done with a small footprint.
Yeah, its being worked on, although its not one of the major features at the
moment, auto-indent is one of the major things we want for the next version (if
Evan ever tells me when he's done any of it)

> oooh, idea: what about unloadable syntax highlighting modules that gnome/gtk
> programs could share? i don't know how feasible this is, but it'd be really
> nice to have a standard way of putting syntax highlighting into all gnome
> apps...
Poss, ask about that in the GNOME/GTK lists, but when we have Hi-lighting in
place then maybe we'll make a widget out of it (we hadn't thought if it before)

> and the other thing is that while it'll ask you to save if you close a
> modified do, it doesn't appear to check with you when you quit and there are
> unsaved docs.
Yeah, we know that, its being worked on (heh, yet again)

> if this is useful, i can beat it around some more and give some more ideas...
Thanks it is very useful.