Re: An alternative to MDI / new WM feature ?

On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 06:08:44PM +0000, Jens Ch. Restemeier wrote:

> There's another WM / X related thing I wanted to ask for some time:
> Multiple monitor support.

It's already supported, at least by some X servers.  The Metro-X
server supplied with RedHat Linux 5.0 claims support for this feature,
at least with Matrox Millennium cards (I say "claims" only because I
have but a single monitor, and so cannot verify this).

There's also the Xinerama X extension mentioned on the open [sic]
group's web site that seems geared toward multi-headed displays using
dissimilar video cards.

-- John Kodis.