Re: opening Gnome to multiple (windowing) systems

\\
\\
\\   I agree that Gnome does not officially ban C++ programs. However,
\\ when most of the developers on the list say it's a bad language which
\\ they dislike C++ programmers are likely to feel discouraged and go

It is exactely what I feel. I wanted to port a big soft to KDE (scilab), but
I realised it was a microsoft-like spirit in there, so I decided to go
to Gnome. But the problem is that I will never write a GUI in C.
What can I do????

\\ off to another project. And since it only allows gtk or a gtk-wrapper
\\ as a widget set, and since gtk is written in C, and since new general
\\ widgets for other people to use must be written in C, C++ programmers
\\ find it more painful to work with since they have to write extra code
\\ to do things that C++ does automatically - e.g. having to build
\\ virtual function tables by hand.
\\