Re: Newbie question

Tom,

The component list is active?  This list certainly active but covers a lot
of stuff that is of more general interest (MDI, missing libs etc).  Are
you interested in talking components, because I certainly am?  I think I
have caused enough trouble here re C and C++ - Sorry if I raised a couple
of tail feathers but I have been hacking this stuff for more years than I
haven't (age 31) and I have some opinions.

Bruce.

PS.  MICO is cool, very cool.  I have been hacking away on Orbix and
OrbixWeb and I think this ORB has a lot going for it.  I am interested in
implement server frameworks.  Any one got any server component ideas that
need doing - Financial (Investment (treasury, stocks, bonds, mutual funds),
Engineering (maybe SCADA - control, monitoring, simulation),  Retail
(inventory control, sales, accounting),  Manufacturing (Materials,
scheduling).  Hey, wait, the OMG has a whole bunch of vertical market IDLs
(I think).