Re: include files

Tero Pulkkinen <terop@students.cc.tut.fi> writes:
> Is there reason why libgnome/gnome-parse.h includes argp.h and not
> libgnomesupport/argp.h
>
> same seems to happen in libgnomesupport/argp.h with getopt.h

Both `getopt.h' and `argp.h' are/will be part of GLIBC.
`libgnomesupport' is essentially GLIBC-emulation for other systems.
`argp.h' is sort of an exception -- it is in the GLIBC 2.1 snapshots,
not in the 2.0 series.

> Or should I just put $(prefix)/libgnomesupport to include path while
> compiling?

Yep.  `gnomeConf.sh' should help.  It defines the shell variables
GNOME_LIBDIR and GNOME_INCLUDEDIR that take care of this for you.

> anyone who knows gnome better planning to do gnome-config program like
> gtk-config for the gnome-libs? (of course gnome-config should use
> gtk-config :)

It is called $(libdir)/gnomeConf.sh.  It contains the output of
`gtk-config' when `gnome-libs' was configured -- close enough, I think.

- Hari