Re: Autoconf problem

Miroslav> I'm trying to compile gnome-libs from CVS on a Solaris-2.6
Miroslav> machine.  The problem is that AM_PATH_GTK macro doesn't seem
Miroslav> to be defined anywhere...  so configure bails at that spot
Miroslav> and refuses to detect g*k. Where is it supposed to be
Miroslav> defined? (I reverted gnome-x-checks.m4 to Mar15 from cvs and
Miroslav> that seems to work, but what's the 'official' fix?)

I've mentioned this many times on this list already.

If you haven't installed gtk with the same --prefix that you used with
automake, then aclocal won't find AM_PATH_GTK.

The fix is to symlink <aclocal-prefix>/share/aclocal/gtk.m4 to gtk.m4
from the Gtk source tree.

Then re-run autogen.sh in your gnome-libs tree.

Tom