Re: GEP 7 - icons and thumbnails - gnome_icon_loader

Hi Alex,

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 12:32, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> KDE uses something called KSyscoca. It's a read only database for these
> kinds of things that is generated once and then apps use it for fast
> lookups.

	Whether you have a central database or not, you need some way to
sychronise with what's on-disk; and having another daemon / level of
caching here mostly sucks IMHO.

	I'm assuming that we don't want to go that route directly,

	Regards,

		Michael.