Re: GEP 7 - icons and thumbnails

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 09:14, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > I have put gep nr 7 in the gep cvs module. It concerns moving the new
> > nautilus icon + thumbnailing code to a common library.
> >
> > Discussions about this gep should take place on
> > gnome-libs-devel gnome org, and in fact the discussion was already taking
> > place like normal before I wrote this silly gep.
>
> So, nobody is commenting on this, I'm blocking on the silly gep, jwillcox
> is blocking on me moving the code into libgnomeui for panel recent
> files changes, campd is blocking on jwillcox for the panel changes to do
> recent files from nautilus.
>
> Basically, shit is not happening, and people get irritated. Can someone
> PLEASE explain to me why doing a gep for thing like this is good?

Though I am waiting for the icon stuff to move into a common library,
the major blocker for me right now is a decision from the usability guys
as to where the recent-files menu should go (in the panel)....

While I was adding the icon stuff to the recent-files code, I found that
is was pretty easy to get the path to an icon for a given mime type, but
it was fairly tedious to get an actual GdkPixbuf for it (you have to
scale stuff, handle SVGs, etc).  Could we maybe add a function that will
do this?

Thanks,
James