Re: Proposed new API for libgnomeui
- From: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, gnome-libs-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposed new API for libgnomeui
- Date: 17 Sep 2002 15:31:30 -0400
Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:
> On 17 Sep 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:
> > > Andersca is interested in getting this into libgnomeui. We would need to
> > > move GnomeIconLoader from gnome-desktop to avoid dependency loops too.
> > > Comments on this API?
> > >
> > Do we expect general-purpose apps to use this, or only Nautilus and
> > the file selector backend?
> I'm not sure. I expect some other apps will use it, but I can't think of
> any good examples right now. Other file managers perhaps, image viewers
> could use the thumbnailing.
The find-file dialog, the recently-used menu, and custom file dialogs
for office apps might all use this. I think this code is useful enough
for inclusion in a generic library.
] [Thread Prev