Re: libgnome*.h

On Wed, 2001-09-05 at 15:47, George wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:32:09PM -0400, jacob berkman wrote:
> > for gnome 1, there were <libgnome/libgnome.h> and
> > <libgnomeui/libgnomeui.h>. with the old compat lib setup,
> > libgnome1-compat provided these files, whilst libgnome provided
> > <libgnome.h> and libgnomeui <libgnomeui.h>.
> >
> > since we aren't using the compat lib, should we just can the new
> > includes and install them to the libgnome(ui) subdirectory like the rest
> > of the headers in their library?
>
> The header files are a pretty big problems.  Because gnome-libs 1.x has not
> moved towards the versioned header files (that is move the files to
> /usr/include/gnome/1/ from /usr/include), they always get pulled in if they
> don't exist.

this is a completely orthogonal problem - my setup has 2 trees: /gnome
and /gnome2, and they don't intermingle at all, so i am not referring to
this problem.

the problem i am talking about is when porting old apps which include
<libgnome/libgnome.h>, they fail because libgnome installs
$prefix/include/gnome/2/libgnome.h, rather than
$prefix/include/gnome/2/libgnome/libgnome.h.

jacob
--
"OOH!!!  Look at me!!  I'm Jacob Berkman!  I have a witty .signature
 that nobody fully appreciates but myself!!"  -- Anonymous