Re: GnomeAbout

> But now that I looked at it again, I am more strongly inclined to just
> trash it all and start from scratch. It is such a big pile of mess...
> Anders Carlsson mailed me once about working on a new About dialog, see
> the screenshot at http://hadjaha.gimp.org/pics/about/about7.png. It looks
> very nice, and it can't be any worse than the current GnomeAbout mess:)
> Anders, is the source for this new about dialog available?
> Would the libgnomeui maintainers consider adding it to libgnomeui2?

The main problem with the new one is the same with the old one: When you
have a -lot- of contributors, the window is going to get very long and
look bad. Check out Evolution for a hideous example. The Natuilus one
gets it mostly right by having two columns, which makes it look a lot
nicer.

My only stylistic nit is that the white with the shadow on the striped
background is somewhat hard to read because the fonts aren't AA.

Joe