Re: gnome-keyring valid password not unlocking keyring

On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 12:32 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 07:11 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
I wonder if anyone has any idea on this.

I went back to F24 and I still cannot open the keyring with my
login
password.

I wonder if something has corrupted my keyring.

How could I test for that?

FWIW I have a vague recollection of seeing something similar. I had
blow away my keyring and start again quite recently. But I had
upgraded
successfully to F25 a long time ago, and this problem was coincident
with removing the pam_winbind setup and going back to local
passwords... although that *shouldn't* have affected gkr since the
local password was deliberately set to match the old network
password.

This is really annoying.

Interestingly, I do have a load of login.keyring.temp-$timestamp files
from throughout 2015 in that same dir.  I simply did the following:

$ cd ~/.gnome2/keyrings
$ mv login.keyring{,-broken}
$ cp login.keyring{.temp-$timestamp,}

and then used seahorse to unlock the Login keyring and the password
that I have been using unsuccessfully works just fine on this new file.
 So something seems to have corrupted my keyring.

Strangely, GKR doesn't seem to be getting told to be as an ssh agent by
default on GUI login either any more.  I have to run:

$ /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=ssh

after I log into before "ssh-add" won't complain:

Error connecting to agent: Connection refused

Easy enough to fix, but strange that this should be happening also.

Cheers,
b.