Re: gnome-keyring keyring can't be unlocked, likely due to oversize

As far as size is concerned, I just ran a test with 1200 items and over 760kb and seahorse seemed to run fine, locked and unlocked without problem. I suggest you do the basics first, make sure seahorse is up to date, make sure the keyring file as read permission, a lot of the work on seahorse is done with libsecret, so make sure that one is up to date as well, also restart(1) gnome-keyring-daemon before testing again.

If you want to poke around a bit more, I suggest you use libsecret's Python bindings instead of gnomekeyring which is now a bit outdated.

(1) gnome-keyring-daemon --replace