Re: gnome-keyring PKCS#11 library as a GnomeKeyring backend

On 04/23/2012 03:42 PM, Alexey Fedoseev wrote:
> Stef,
>
> thank you very much for the hint!
>
> But I can't find how p11-kit is connected with the gnome-keyring as a
> storing-all-secrets-in-one-place tool.

The PKCS#11 support in gnome-keyring is a sort of technology preview.
There are some implementations of PKCS#11 libraries in gnome-keyring,
such as the ssh-store the root-store and so on. These are usually
installed in:

/usr/gnome-keyring/devel/

Or may be found in the source/build of gnome-keyring in the pkcs11
directory.

> Well, I know how particular applications can be configured with pkcs11
> libraries. But I found that the main idea of gnome-keyring is joining
> all these configurations in the single place.

p11-kit is that single piece.

> I'm really interested in such integration using a pkcs11 library. If you
> have any manuals or the first steps -- please let me know. If this
> feature wasn't implemented I would like to write this code.

You can use the Gck library to use a PKCS#11 library. In fact you can
even do it from javascript or python :)

http://developer.gnome.org/gck/unstable/

Does that answer your question?