Re: gnome-keyring PKCS#11 library as a GnomeKeyring backend

On 2012-04-05 13:54, Alexey Fedoseev wrote:
> Good day!
>
> I like the idea and implementation of GnomeKeyring very much.
>
> But I cannot find the way of integrating GnomeKeyring with a 3-rd party
> pkcs11 library in the both project documentation and source code.

Currently gnome-keyring provides pkcs11 modules, but doesn't use them.

However the Seahorse key manager and the Gcr UI library both use third
party pkcs11 libraries. They use p11-kit to locate the pkcs11 modules:

http://p11-glue.freedesktop.org/doc/p11-kit/

> Right now I have two ideas:
> 1) add one more pksc11 keyring storage based on the specified external
> pkcs11 module (e.g. particular smartcard module)

Do you mean storing passwords on a smart card?

> 2) set up the specified pkcs11 module library as a "GnomeKeyring
> backend" so all the generated/added keys and certificated will be stored
> using this external library.

Sounds interesting. But I'm interested in the goal and use case you're
trying to accomplish here.