Re: gnome-keyring Question about ACL per storage item

On 2011-10-25 14:57, Elena Reshetova wrote:
> Anders,
>
> I don't think we have a use case with issuing credentials online from
> providers.
>  It is more than we have a user of a device, which want to decide locally
> what application
> should be able to access them. Use case with a bank application that you
> mentioned
> it absolutely valid, but I don't think we have strong requirements to go
> that side yet.
> We do trust our users or remote configuration of devices (security policy)
> and can control access via
> that means. Personally I do think that your use case and project is very
> interesting, but we just don't
> have such requirements and needs yet.

This is IMO a market issue.
Linux desktop has 1-2% market share.
Security geeks in that lot is at best 20%.
That means that you address < 0.5% of the users.

Linux servers have >50% of the server market and needs a better key-ring
that doesn't require password configuration.

Android has 25% market share and bank apps are coming strong.

But it is free world so if the Linux community prefer leaving the
real stuff to Apple, Microsoft and Google that's their choice, not mine.

I would check with RedHat just to be sure :-)

Anders