Re: gnome-keyring Keyring D-Bus API

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Stef Walter <stefw collabora co uk> wrote:
On 05/17/2011 05:45 PM, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I'm looking to write a Go (golang.org <http://golang.org>) D-Bus & GNOME
> Keyring client, without using any C library, including libgnome-keyring.
>
> Is the D-Bus API to the GNOME Keyring daemon formally documented
> anywhere (IDL, etc) or is my best bet just reading the libgnome-keyring
> client code?  Or just looking around e.g. daemon/dbus/gkd-secret-service.c ?

It's all here:

http://specs.freedesktop.org/secret-service/

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-specs/tree/secret-service/org.freedesktop.Secrets.xml

Hopefully you should be able to communicate with both gnome-keyring and
ksecretservice using that DBus API. Gnome keyring hasn't completely
implemented the spec yet (in particular it doesn't support non-utf8
secrets, and perhaps one or two other corner cases).

Excellent. What's the minimum version of gnome-keyring that implements that API, or has it always?