Re: gnome-keyring Using gkr for Kerberos/NTLM single-sign-on handling

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011, David Zeuthen wrote:

> Well, proxy and cert handling is in the core library stack now
> (libgio-2.0), so GOA would make use of that.. but..

Not *just* libgio, but system-wide. Proxies are handled with libproxy (and
hopefully through it to pacrunner), and certs in the system NSS database.

I haven't looked at what gio is doing but hopefully it's integrating with
those properly.

> Stupid question: doesn't Exchange have support like something like
> OAuth so the users password isn't needed? I mean, we should be
> designing for the future, not the past.

It uses NTLM or Kerberos. Neither of those require the *app* to have the
password. You know about Kerberos, and I desribed the NTLM setup in my
previous email.

--
dwmw2