Re: gnome-keyring Keyring file format incompatibility?

On 04/08/11 13:12, Mark Bannister rbs com wrote:
> I've installed GNOME Keyring outside of the GNOME Desktop for use with
> the Subversion client.
>
> I have it installed on Solaris 10 SPARC, Solaris 10 x64 and RHEL 5.5 AS
> x86_64.
>
> The problem I'm having is that if I use CollabNet Subversion's
> keyring_tool to create an 'svn' keyring (as per
> http://kenneho.net/2011/01/30/using-svn-client-and-gnome-keyring-in-ssh-sessions)
> on either of the two types of Solaris server, the keyring file that is
> created works fine on Solaris but does not work on RHEL.  Likewise, if I
> create the keyring on RHEL, it works fine on RHEL but does not work on
> Solaris.

Yikes. That's not supposed to happen.

I'd like to see such a keyring. Could you file a bug at
bugzilla.gnome.org and attach one that you've created for this purpose?
Obviously without any real secrets inside.

The suspicious side of me suspects that solaris might patch
gnome-keyring so much that this happens. They used to patch it really
extensively, but not sure what the case is right now.

On the other hand this could be a (nasty) bug, and I'd like to get to
the bottom of it. Thanks for catching this.