Re: gnome-keyring failing to read/detect user keys: initial contact

On 2010-10-11 15:35, Matt Darcy wrote:
> I'm sorry to contact you like this but I thought I'd request a simple
> eyeball of a bug within the ubuntu world on gnome-keyring.

No problem. BTW, a good place to contact is the
gnome-keyring-list gnome org in events like this. I've CC'd this email
there.

> If you feel this is a genuine bug within gnome-keyring and not a
> packaging problem within Ubuntu, or a user error on the users part, I'll
> be happy to log an official bug on the gnome project for it and provide
> whatever assistance is required.
>
> The launchpad bug is bug id: 578035
>
> the URL is
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/578035
>
> This used to be a working configuration in earlier versions of Ubuntu
> but recent versions has broke it and I can't work out if it's the change
> in version of gnome/gnome-keyring or just the way Ubuntu builds it.

Do you have a .pub file for your key? The way in which we detected which
files where SSH keys changed at some point in the past.

Previously we would load files matching: ~/.ssh/id_?sa

Now we look for ~/.ssh/*.pub and then loading corresponding secret keys.