Re: gnome-keyring lib and gnome 3.0

On 2010-06-10 03:45, Hussam Al-Tayeb wrote:
> will libgnome-keyring be ported to use gdbus (in glib 2.25.xx) instead
> of eggbus?

It doesn't use eggbus right now (it may have initially). Currently it
uses the 'standard' libdbus.

The libgnome-keyring library is a stop gap port to allow applications
that used gnome-keyring previously to work with the new 'Secret Service'
DBus API.

We need to put together a small library called gsecrets, which exposes
the Secret Service DBus API better. This new library would use gdbus.
With all there is to work on, I'm not sure this'll be ready for 3.0
unless someone steps in and helps.

So in the end, I don't think it's worth putting more effort into
libgnome-keyring.