Re: gnome-keyring Lock keyring on suspend

On 2010-07-18 12:24, Yaron Sheffer wrote:
> it took me some time to find the Gnome configuration value
> /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/gnome_keyring_suspend. It was disabled on
> my machine (Ubuntu Lucid). IMHO, it should be on-by-default because it
> adds quite a bit of security for laptops, which tend to be
> suspended/hibernating when they get stolen.
>

> So: can it be turned on (or is it just Ubuntu)?

Yes, I think it should be turned on. I'd be really interested in why
it's not on by default. If you have time to research this that would be
a big help. This may be historical. The gnome-power-manager maintainers
may know.

> Can I help to document this flag? Maybe start a "secure configuration FAQ"?

Sure, you can branch it off of here:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring

Thanks for your participation!