Re: gnome-keyring PKCS#11 config file /etc/xdg/pkcs11.conf[.defaults]

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Stef Walter <stefw collabora co uk> wrote:

> So to do that we have a config file which consists of:
> /etc/xdg/pkcs11.conf.defaults
> /etc/xdg/pkcs11.conf
> The second one is loaded after the first and overrides the first. These
> are XDG desktop files (ie: used with the GKeyFile API). /etc/xdg is the
> standard directory for system-wide desktop configuration.

What is the format and contents of those files? If they are intended to be
broadly used, I think the format should be kept as simple. If you have
any suggestion on that, let me know to include it in the fosdem talk
as a discussion point.

> In the files we use PKCS#11 URIs [4] to identify which slots to use for
> what. One problem is that there is no way to specify the module file
> name in a PKCS#11 URI. This prevents us from an airtight identification
> of the relevant PKCS#11 slot. I'll bring this up to the PKCS#11 URI authors.

Actually the -03 version of pkcs11url can specify the module. We use it already
in gnutls to specify precisely an object. The options referring to library are:
library-manufacturer, library-description and even library-version...
Unless I didn't get what is meant by library.

regards,
Nikos