Re: Integrating a Qt application with both desktops

On Saturday 18 November 2000 00:42, you wrote:
> Cristian Tibirna <tibirna kde org> writes:
> > There's not much work, I believe. If I'm not mistaken, most projects today
> > provide docu as HTML files. The things to agree on would be help files
> > repository positioning in the FSSTD and the main indexing (like the tree that
> > appears in the left panel in the KDE help center).
> >

> We'd need to look at:
>
>  a) standard help index database; you don't want to have two separate
>     indexes of search terms

FWIW KDE's using ht://dig

>  b) we're trying to move away from HTML to just viewing DocBook
>     directly, because this lets you dynamically display in various
>     formats such as formats for the blind, and also lets you do
>     search/indexing on semantic tags

Interesting.....

>  c) user should be able to select their preferred help browser and have
>     the same one used by all apps, rather than Nautilus or Konqueror
>     getting launched while you're already running one of them - the
>     resulting battle for controlling the desktop icons is a real
>     disaster

This is not true anymore with KDE 2.0. Konqueror starts without
tampering with desktop icons, those are now handled by a separate
program (kdesktop). The opposite is still true though :)

--
David FAURE, david mandrakesoft com, faure kde org
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/