Re: Integrating a Qt application with both desktops

Cristian Tibirna <tibirna kde org> writes:
> There's not much work, I believe. If I'm not mistaken, most projects today
> provide docu as HTML files. The things to agree on would be help files
> repository positioning in the FSSTD and the main indexing (like the tree that
> appears in the left panel in the KDE help center).

We'd need to look at:

 a) standard help index database; you don't want to have two separate
    indexes of search terms

 b) we're trying to move away from HTML to just viewing DocBook
    directly, because this lets you dynamically display in various
    formats such as formats for the blind, and also lets you do
    search/indexing on semantic tags

 c) user should be able to select their preferred help browser and have
    the same one used by all apps, rather than Nautilus or Konqueror
    getting launched while you're already running one of them - the
    resulting battle for controlling the desktop icons is a real
    disaster

Havoc