Re: Mime Type Analysis

>> I suggest just text/docbook (or is it x-docbook?
>> dunno). Applications launching help will not, in general, invoke a
>> generic, desktop-independent mime handler. They will launch their
>> preferred help browser on a help: URI or the like. I don't think
>> this is a big concern.

> Speaking as someone who is interested in having a Qt-based
> application, run as natively as possible under either desktop:
> I think it is.

I think maybe I should expand on that:

If the help application that is opened by a KDE application running
under Gnome is the KDE help browser, but looks exactly the same and
behaves exactly the same as the Gnome help browser, then it doesn't
matter which application is opened.

But I don't belive this will be the case, even if KDE applications are
able to use Gnome's themes, and vice versa.

Maybe I'm wrong in this assumption?  I would like to be...:-)